Large

Shackelford County Courthouse

Saves: 0
Check-ins: 0
This courthouse was completed in 1884 - a time when cowboys and saloons and shootouts were still common in this region. This is the second courthouse to be built here; the first, which was not constructed well, was erected in 1875. The courthouse was symbolic of an era in which what was basically anarchy would no longer be permitted. (Submitted by CJ Boales)

Member Photos

Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium
Medium