Welch Spring Hospital Ruins
Believing that the water had healing properties, Dr. CH Diehl bought Welch Spring for $800 and built his hospital in 1913. But his vision was a little ahead of his time as the roads and the infrastructure were not so modern. With no easy access to the hospital it closed down soon after Dr. Diehl died in 1940. With no maintenance or upkeep the hospital ruins are slowly returning to nature. When visiting avoid wading in the spring as it still has hazardous debris from the time the hospital was open.